Warning – Fatal Hazard To Watch Out For, Day At The Beach Turned Out To Be Disaster!

We all love our dogs and really do our best to avoid the things that can make them sick or even kill them, but sometimes hidden dangers can be in places we would not expect…

For Chris Taylor, his day at the beach was a disaster and turned out to be the day that he said goodbye to his best four-pawed friends…

A University Student of South Florida, 29-years-old, loved to take his best four-pawed friends, a lovely Labrador retriever, to the beach.

After their class, Taylor and O.G., who have been together for seven years, went to spend some time in the sun and surf at the Honeymoon Island, State Park Dog Beach.

After they had a wonderful time together there, they set off back home, that is when O.G. started being sick, vomiting and also had diarrhea, lasting until the next day.

The poor doggie managed to eat a little chicken and rice his owner, Taylor, had made for him, but it wasn’t looking very promising.

Taylor had a terrible feeling, a feeling of terror, feeling the worse would happen, he rushed his friend to the vet, but sadly there was nothing that could be done, it was way too late!

The vet told him that the dog was suffering from a condition known as saltwater poisoning.

The Pet Poison Hotline tells us that salt poisoning can really be extremely dangerous indeed, not just in dogs but in cats too!

Their website says:

“…salt poisoning in dogs and cats results in clinical signs of vomiting, diarrhea, inappetence, lethargy, walking drunk, abnormal fluid accumulation within the body, excessive thirst or urination, potential injury to the kidneys, tremors, seizures, coma, and even death when untreated.”

Your dog can have salt poisoning if they have ingested considerable amounts of saltwater like O.G. had that day, he accidentally ingested too much salt water, and it seems it was far too easy to do!

When O.G. got to the vets he was badly dehydrated and having seizures, already suffering from brain damage, it was irreversible at that stage.

Taylor told WFLA:

“They told me, there’s nothing we can do right now. I thought this is my son. I don’t have children of my own”

Taylor is really sad about O.G. and wants to share his story to help others avoid this exact problem again.

The Vet says you must limit your dog’s time at the beach ideally, and in the water, to no more than one or two hours to greatly reduce the likelihood of saltwater poisoning.

Sadly the slow speed at which this problem can present often means its too late to prevent a fatality by the time it’s noticed what is happening.

Please SHARE this with everyone you know and let’s tell others about the danger of salt water!

What do you think ?

comments