Us humans mostly like rock climbing and activities that involving heights and climbing, but normally your doggies don’t really feel the same. This doggie was so scared she even tried to do some climbing, even though it wasn’t such a good idea…
We all feel like we need to swallow our hearts again after watching this scared doggie desperately trying to hang on to the ledge!
Just a few moments later the doggie plunges downwards to the ground below…
Everyone cheers as the dog is caught safely and without any injuries, all down to the fast actions of the residents of the Parque Amazônia, Goiania, Brazil…
The residents, thankfully, quickly got a sheet when they saw what was happening and were prepared to catch the doggie safely!
The Owner, Jean Siqueira, wasn’t hole when it all happened, Tina was scared by the fireworks and had tried to escape onto the balcony in an attempt to run away, instinctively like some doggies do when they hear fireworks!
The Owner said:
“I’d just popped out to the grocery store and left Tina alone for a few minutes. She had been nervous all day from the noise of rockets being let off by people in the run-up to New Year’s Day.”
“I tried to reassure and distract her and kept her in all day …The balcony door was open just a little and it didn’t cross my mind that she would be able to slip through. I think as the noise got louder she panicked and tried to run out of the flat.”
“I’ve had her for 11 years and she’s normally a calm dog but when fireworks go off she gets nervous and goes crazy with every bang.”
The neighbors although a little panicked had prepared to catch her and also filmed what was happening, in the video you can see the Lhasa Apso trying to claw her way back to the balcony after her misadventures in trying to escape the monster noisy fireworks!
The people watching see that she is just about to fall, almost in slow motion and call out ‘look the dogs’ is falling’ as she drops from the balcony edge!
Everyone cheers though to realize that the dog is ok and safe and sound at the bottom, where the residents caught her in the sheet.
An anonymous resident said:
“When we heard people shouting that a dog was in danger, we rushed to help and immediately came up with the idea of using a sheet to catch her.”
“It was nerve-racking to watch her struggle to hold on, her little tail was wagging desperately as she panicked.”
“Her heart was pounding like mad when she landed in the safety net, and I held her in my lap and hugged her to calm her down.”
Mr. Siqueira said:
“Someone called me to tell me my dog was hanging from the balcony. I rushed home immediately but by the time I arrived my neighbors had already rescued her.”
“When they showed me the video, I almost cried. I was shocked at seeing the danger Tina had been in. If my neighbors hadn’t reacted so quickly I wouldn’t be holding my pet today.”
He also said that now Tina is at home, healthy, happy and fully back to normal after the incident, it appears that all is well that ends well!
He did say he wants everyone to treat his story as a warning as to what can happen to your dog during fireworks if you’re not super careful!
SHARE and help everyone think carefully about fireworks and the importance of being even more careful than normal around this time of year!