Warning: Dog died after eating corn cob found while on her walk!

A two-year-old dog died after ingesting a corn cob she picked up while on her walk.

Devastated owner, Joanne Palmer, 46, from Chester, Cheshire in the United Kingdom had no idea her dog Saffy, had eaten the vegetable; until a week later when her dog became deathly ill and died.

The corn cob had ripped through her internal organs.

According to the Daily Mail, Joanne had no idea how deadly the vegetable could be. Now is urging everyone to be very careful and dispose of corn cobs properly, so what happened to her tiny Cavachon won’t happen to another dog.


The tragic story of Saffy has gone viral after Joanne’s post on Facebook:

“Saffy must have eaten the corn on the cob while we were out on a walk. She was fine until one week later when she began violently vomiting at home. Both myself and husband, Johnny, 42, first thought she had been poisoned. 

The vets told us they could feel something hard in her stomach and prepared to operate. But unbeknownst to us, the core of a cob had travelled through her intestines like a cheese grater. And despite their best efforts, she started to bleed and died later that day. 

We were left heartbroken, and it wasn’t until last week that we found out it was due to a lodged cob. We had to pay extra for a toxicology report, but I’m so thankful we now know her cause of death so we can warn other owners.”


Since posting Saffy’s story, Joanne’s post has been shared more than 20,000 times. Dog owners all know how quickly our four-legged friends can slip something they’re not supposed to have in their mouths while out on their walks.

People throw food around. And dogs – with their terrific sense of smell, can find so many “delightful to them morsels” to chomp on.

Maybe this corn cob became fatal to Saffy because she was so small, but why take a chance? Be safe – keep your eye on Fido at all times.

What do you think ?